Copyright- all rights reserved. You are welcome to quote from this site with due acknowledgement and prior consent of the authors.

AS FROM AUGUST 2011, THIS BLOG IS MOVING TO:

OUR NEW BLOG

WE HOPE YOU WILL VISIT US THERE!!!

This blog will still be here but will no longer be active.



The Original "Getting Real"

The Original "Getting Real"
Please click on the picture to order this book.

Hilliard & Croft Books

Welcome to our blog!

Christina is represented by

Leo Media & Entertainment

We have many new projects currently underway and hope that you will enjoy our blog as well as our books and website:

Hilliard & Croft

Monday 25 May 2009

"Brother Sun & Sister Moon"



I was 17 when I first saw "Brother Sun & Sister Moon" and it moved me more than anything I had ever seen before or have seen since. I taped it with an ordinary old fashioned (now) cassette player pressed up the TV and over and over again I played the tape of this particular scene that said everything I wanted to say. Time and time again throughout the past 3 decades I have returned to that old cassette and still, after all this time, it raises the same feelings of innocence, transparency, the real beauty of the soul, within me. I spoke of it to teachers who said it 'merely Hollywood' and to lecturers (I studied theology) and they smiled in a kindly but not really helpful way.

"If the purpose of life if this loveless toil we fill our days with, then it's not for me. There must be something better. There has to be. Man is a spirit...he has a soul and that is what I want to recapture: my soul!"

Some of the theologians argued that man isn't spirit; and some of the priests with whom I spoke said, "It's just an ideal." It left me wondering sometimes, why did people preach one thing, but then when you believe it, tell you it can't be done or it's just an ideal or a dream and 'you have to be practical' ?

Well in the 30 years since first seeing it, my belief in it has never gone away. Sometimes it has been dimmed or hidden or obscured and sometimes I have almost forgotten it, but it's still there like a dearest friend. Theologians argue about many things that seem rather pointless. Many of them are bound by dogmas and doctrines. Nowadays, I don't believe in the necessity of being a beggar or that Christ was a beggar, except in the spiritual sense that everything we have is freely given from the Creator and Source of life, who is willing to give freely as much as we are prepared to receive; but I believe in everything else in this beautiful extract and no argument in the world can change that. It just speaks directly to the heart and soul and I love it...hope you do too!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-TXOsw8Dcc


No comments: