Copyright- all rights reserved. You are welcome to quote from this site with due acknowledgement and prior consent of the authors.

AS FROM AUGUST 2011, THIS BLOG IS MOVING TO:

OUR NEW BLOG

WE HOPE YOU WILL VISIT US THERE!!!

This blog will still be here but will no longer be active.



The Original "Getting Real"

The Original "Getting Real"
Please click on the picture to order this book.

Hilliard & Croft Books

Welcome to our blog!

Christina is represented by

Leo Media & Entertainment

We have many new projects currently underway and hope that you will enjoy our blog as well as our books and website:

Hilliard & Croft

Thursday 12 March 2009

Late Have I Loved Thee

I do not like St. Augustine. I do not like his understanding at all, or the way that he viewed humanity as the 'massa damnata', or the way that, after his own many wanderings from a path and his rejection of the influence of his mother, he decided women were basically temptresses and humanity is horrendous. And yet, in the midst of his writings, there is so much beauty:
"Late have I loved thee,
O Beauty so ancient and so new, late have I loved thee!
Lo, thou wert within,
but I outside, seeking there for thee..
rushed upon the lovely things thou hast made
Created things kept me from thee;
yet if they had not been in thee they would have not been at all.
Thou wert with me, but I was not with thee.
They held me back far from thee,
those things which would have no being,
were they not in thee."


It's so fine a balance between seeing wonder in all, and seeing the Life or the Divine expressed in all things, and seeing the 'things' as separate from everything, wherein they become 'idols'. I don't understand at all why a man who could grasp the reality of The One Life in everything, could then write in so legalistic and judgemental a fashion that separated the expression from the One expressing in so divisive a way.

I believe we are all expression of the The One life. How can the children of God/Light, be born in original sin? It's surely nonsense from start to finish. We are 'great and wonderfully made' and the sooner we get over the sense of being at the mercy of tyrannical fate, the sooner we grasp our reality, the better for the world and for everyone.

No comments: