Copyright- all rights reserved. You are welcome to quote from this site with due acknowledgement and prior consent of the authors.

AS FROM AUGUST 2011, THIS BLOG IS MOVING TO:

OUR NEW BLOG

WE HOPE YOU WILL VISIT US THERE!!!

This blog will still be here but will no longer be active.



The Original "Getting Real"

The Original "Getting Real"
Please click on the picture to order this book.

Hilliard & Croft Books

Welcome to our blog!

Christina is represented by

Leo Media & Entertainment

We have many new projects currently underway and hope that you will enjoy our blog as well as our books and website:

Hilliard & Croft

Tuesday 20 January 2009

Finding Lost Things

Have you ever noticed that when something is lost - a key, a pen, a belt, joy - the harder you search, the more difficult it is to find? I've noticed a lot, recently, a rather strange phenomenon.

I grew up believing St. Anthony of Padua always found every lost thing. Pray to St. Anthony and you find it - and it certainly worked! Perhaps because I stopped looking and then it fell into my hands as I believed it would. I still have faith in St. Anthony and believe that we have numerous unseen helpers rooting for us, but also faith in the idea of stopping looking. The more we search, the more we see the thing as lost. Stop looking; know it's there somewhere and just see it back in your hands. It always works. It worked today for me twice in most unexpected and happy ways.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I do this too! Did you ever say the little rhyme? "Please St. Anthony come around, something's lost that must be found." ;)

St. Francis de Sales had a similiar thought: "When we seek a thing with too much excitement, we pass our hand and our eyes over it a hundred times without noticing it at all."

I wonder if this also applies to vocation. Sigh. ;)

Christina said...

St. Francis de Sales speaks so much wisdom, doesn't he? :-)

"I wonder if this also applies to vocation. Sigh. ;)"

Well...I think a vocation is finding what we love to do and doing it. After decades of thinking, "I ought to...", "I should..." and going down various paths, the answer seems to lie in doing what most absorbs us and suddenly realizing, "Ah ha! This is what I'm here to do!" :-)